My experiences writing, directing and producing Christian musicals for kids through adults.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

First rehearsal for Easter show!

Last night we held the first rehearsal for our first younger kids show at City Calvary. The last few years, I've worked mostly with junior high and senior high aged actors, plus some 4th and 5th graders. This show is for 2nd to 6th grade.

I'm calling it my Newbie Show, since of the 16 kids, only 4 have been in shows with us previously!

Running the first rehearsal for newbies adds a different element of fun than usual rehearsals, because I had to explain what a musical is. One of the youngest girls kept insisting that she did NOT want to sing. I assured her that it's possible to be in a musical and not have to sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment