My experiences writing, directing and producing Christian musicals for kids through adults.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Wise Men Worship Him - by Commission

The Christmas kids show I wrote for Calvary Fellowship in Mountlake Terrace, WA, called Wise Men Worship Him, was a great success. Debbie Oglesby, the director and producer, asked me to write a show using some songs of Annette Oden. I was happy to do so, since I loved her songs, "Joy Joy Joy" and "Glorious!" and "I Will Bow to You." You can click on Musicals above to read about the show. Because Debbie mentored me in running musicals, I was happy to not only write the show for her, but to be there for auditions. And one night, she asked me to guest-direct for her. Getting to know the kids a little made me all the more excited to see the show. There were some great kids involved and they did a wonderful job. One other fun aspect of the show for me was that this was the first time my 14 year-old daughter Maggie teched a show. She was assistant choreographer and did a lot of other stuff as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment