My experiences writing, directing and producing Christian musicals for kids through adults.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Re-write!

After the surprise of losing one of the girls playing a major role in the Easter show (to vacation), I set about prayerfully re-arranging, with a bit of re-writing. Of course, one doesn't want to do a huge re-write with young people involved. That simply confuses them. I ended up changing the parts for four girls. The girl leaving was the senior of three angels. I gave her first scene to the junior-most angel, and a follow-up scene minus one line to another girl. That girl's lines I gave to a member of the chorus, who now gets to speak! And the second angel picked up a few more lines as well. Sound confusing? Well, all I can say is, it's more confusing to figure it out than to explain it!

Pertinent verse of the week: "The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps." Proverbs 16:9.

No comments:

Post a Comment